22999 Forbes Road, Unit B
Bedford OH 44146
Chagrin Valley Engineering, Ltd. was founded with the belief that our engineering services must be provided with the interest of the client in mind. Together we demand to work under a set of guiding principles for the continued success of our clients, partners, and employees. These are...
Dedication to our clients – providing the best and most intelligent solutions and services to solve real problems with customer service that exceeds clients' expectations.
Excellence – is going beyond what is expected while continually expanding the limits of Chagrin Valley Engineering's creativity and knowledge with each project.
Commitment – meeting the challenge of hard work and the satisfaction of the results.
Integrity – delivering trust and personal responsibility in all relationships.
Our partners work as a team to deliver various vantage points, allowing us to tackle the most complicated scenarios and work through them quickly and efficiently.
- Don Bierut firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ryan Cummins email@example.com
- Jeff Filarski firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mike Henry email@example.com
- Ed Hren firstname.lastname@example.org
- Larry Ludwig email@example.com
- Don Sheehy firstname.lastname@example.org
CIVIL ENGINEERING AND SITE PLANNING
Chagrin Valley Engineering, Ltd. (CVE) provides a wide array of civil engineering and site planning services. Each site is unique and requires a complete understanding of the existing conditions, project goals, site limitations and local municipal requirements in order to make the project a success. The site civil engineer also must be able to work with all of the overlapping disciplines associated with the project. Architects, Landscape Architects, Structural Engineers, Geotechnical Engineers, Mechanical and Electrical Engineers, General Contractors and Subcontractors all play vital roles in delivering a successful project. CVE guides these and other disciplines when their services interface with ours. We illustrate to our clients how various site considerations impact the overall design. CVE brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to the planning process, from the individual residential site plan to a 50-acre corporate campus, and everything in-between. Our understanding of the critical elements involved with successful site development makes CVE uniquely qualified over a broad spectrum of project types.
CVE provides design and planning services including:
- Commercial and Residential Subdivisions
- Office Building and Corporate Campuses
- Industrial, Warehouse and Trucking Facilities
- Institutional, Worship and Academic Facilities
- Retail and Commercial Food Service Facilities
- Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Certified
- Planned Unit Developments, Condominiums and Mixed Use Facilities
GEOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION SYSTEM (GIS)
Chagrin Valley Engineering, Ltd. (CVE) has proven experience in designing, implementing, and maintaining Geographical Information Systems (GIS). GIS provides an efficient mechanism to compile, store, analyze and retrieve geographically based data. Our GIS professionals work with public and private clients to compile archival records and existing digital information into useable, dependable data sets and maps. GIS protects institutional knowledge, improves response time and reduces errors. GIS is also an extremely powerful planning tool utilizing graphical presentation of data to assist our clients in evaluating conditions and determining infrastructure solutions.
Experience has shown that clients find new applications and diverse uses as more data is integrated into the GIS database. CVE recognizes the potential for this growth and implements strategies to eliminate duplication of efforts in the future. CVE designs systems that are tailored to support both the end users and the decision makers in each of our client organizations. Our full range of GIS services include:
- Creation and Maintenance of Municipal Infrastructure GIS
- Infrastructure Condition & Maintenance
- Economic Development Mapping
- Revenue Collection
- Demographic Mapping
- Critical Infrastructure Planning
- Water Resource Mapping
- Utility Customer Service Areas
CVE utilizes ESRI Inc. software to create, maintain and deploy GIS systems. This flexible and dynamic software is the industry standard and has the ability to accept the import of data from over seventy different file formats. CVE also has the capability to construct custom mobile data gathering applications. GIS data can be seamlessly integrated into websites to enhance the presentation of information to the public.
Chagrin Valley Engineering, Ltd. (CVE) provides a full complement of professional surveying services for our clients in the public and private sectors. Our licensed professional surveyors and field crews work closely with our clients to determine the appropriate level of detail needed based on the complexity of their project. CVE delivers timely, accurate surveys that serve as the foundation for all proposed improvements.
Our surveying services include:
- Boundary and Topographic Surveys
- Establishing right-of-way and Centerline Control
- Existing conditions surveys of highway right-of-way
- Construction staking for underground utility installation
- Construction staking for roadway improvements
- Structural layout for foundations and structural steel
- Prequalified for ODOT right of way acquisition plan preparation
- American Land Title Association (ALTA) Surveys
- Subdivision plats, lot consolidations and street dedications
- Coordinate controls for aerial mapping
Chagrin Valley Engineering Ltd.'s (CVE) core business is Municipal Engineering. CVE serves as the municipal engineer for 14 municipalities and two water districts. Our partners value the personal relationships we establish with consulting directly with each municipality. In each community CVE represents, a partner serves as the team leader and principle point of contact. Our Municipal Engineering services include:
- Infrastructure Management
- Road Maintenance, Rehabilitation & Reconstruction Programs
- Stormwater Modeling, Flood Studies, Collection and Management
- Sanitary Sewer Studies – Capacity, Maintenance, Operations & Management (CMOM)
- Sewer Studies, Rehabilitation & Replacement Projects
- Water System Analysis & Water Main Improvements
- Wastewater Treatment and Pumping System Designs
- Development Plan Reviews
- Supplemental Funding Grant Acquisition
- Regulatory Compliance
- Building Inspection Services - MBIS
CVE's services also include the review and preparation of all correspondence and reports required by the Municipal Engineer for other governmental and regulatory agencies. We represent our clients at all meetings, site investigations, correspondence with both residents and businesses. CVE prepares all necessary cost estimates, plans, specifications and bidding documents in a professional and timely manner.
CVE serves as the construction manager on all municipal projects that we design. CVE acts as a vital link between contractors, residents and municipal representatives. This linkage accounts for items that are important to residents and municipal representatives, including construction disturbance, access to homes and businesses during construction, minimizing loss of trees and landscaping, and of course timely communication of construction progress.
CVE also provides plan review services. We ensure all proposed work, new development and reconstruction projects, comply with all aspects of the municipal code. Our plan review process protects the adjacent property owners and all municipal infrastructure.
SHALE OIL & GAS SERVICES
In today's expanding oil and gas markets, operators and owners are faced with an array of challenging engineering, environmental and regulatory issues. CVE can ensure that your project becomes a success by guiding it through the critical permitting, design and regulatory approval processes. We provide a formidable combination of resources expertly tailored to meet the objectives and budgets of the oil and gas industry.
CVE offers a full menu of professional services in support of the Marcellus Shale and Utica Shale gas plays, from initial property surveying and ecological studies to environmental permitting and infrastructure design. We deliver sustainable, cost effective solutions that are a fundamental part of successful shale oil and gas projects.
Our professional consulting services include:
- Construction Stakeout
- Ecological Investigations
- Environmental Permitting and Compliance
- Erosion & Sedimentation Control
- Mapping and Geographic Information Systems Development
- Land Surveying
- Property and Easement Research
- Roadway Design, Analysis, Maintenance and Repair
- Stormwater Management Permitting
- Well Site Layout, Grading & Earthwork
When selecting a consultant you should also consider the intangible benefits that our firm provides – our greatest assets are the professional approach and the enthusiasm that we bring to the client/consultant relationship. We have over 20 years of experience functioning as technical liaisons between our landowner/developer clients and federal, state and local regulatory agencies. CVE has the depth and breadth of talent that is required to expedite the planning, permitting, and development of your next oil and gas project.
Chagrin Valley Engineering Ltd.'s (CVE) Professional Engineers and Certified Professionals in Erosion and Sediment Control (CPESC) are experts in designing cost effective, environmentally sound stormwater management systems. Stormwater management is integrated into every phase of planning and design, from layout and grading to the design appropriate stormwater treatment systems such as water quality ponds, grass swales and constructed wetlands. Our stormwater services include:
- Cuyahoga Soil & Water Conservation District
- Monitoring & Maintenance Programs for Post-Construction Stormwater Facilities
- National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) Phase II Stormwater Management Programs
- Preparation & Permitting of Site Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans (SWP3)
- Stormwater Education
- SWP3 Compliance Inspections of Construction Sites
CVE's team of stormwater professionals have vast experience working in both the public and private sector. CVE assists communities implementing their Stormwater Management Programs as required by the Ohio EPA Small Municipal Separate Storm Sewer Systems (MS4) permit. CVE compiles the information necessary to complete the required annual reports and is able to assist communities with each of the six Minimum Control Measures (MCM).
In the private sector our team works with clients to meet a community's local ordinances. This includes annual inspections of existing stormwater management facilities by qualified personnel.