The Building Department is responsible for maintaining and tracking permits issued for all new construction, alterations, additions, repairs, and demolitions, along with inspecting all building projects to assure compliance with the Bedford Heights Building Code. We are known for our impeccable reputation for being well organized and timely with both permits and inspections.
The Building Department now accepts credit card payments in person or via phone (440-786-3237) for any fees collected in the Building Department. These include building permits, contractor registration, point of sale inspections for commercial and residential, occupancy permits, garage sales, apartment inspection fees, Planning, Zoning and Architecture Board of Review fees, etc.
Normal Hours of Operation
- Open for Business - Upon arriving to city hall, please use the phone in the vestibule and select the building department and someone will come to greet you.
- Open for Business - 9:00 a.m.
- Closed for Lunch - 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Closed for Business - 4:30 p.m.
To Schedule an Inspection
Please call SAFEbuilt Monday thru Friday between the hours of 9:00 am and Noon and 1:00 pm and 4:00 pm. We close our offices for lunch from Noon to 1:00 pm. We require 24 hours (minimum) notice for ALL inspections.TO SCHEDULE AN INSPECTION CALL 440-399-0850
- Bedford Heights Zoning Map - Current
- Board of Building Standards: Residential Code of Ohio
- Building Department Registered Contractor Listing - As of September 2023
- Certificate of Occupancy - Ohio Administrative Code
- Guidelines for Decks and Porches (SafeBuilt)
- Regional Income Tax Agency
- Some of our Application Fees have changed - Click for Legislation